What is the purpose of the Equipped to Counsel (ETC) class?
Our passion for equipping churches leads us to provide a unique training opportunity through the Association of Biblical Counseling. Equipped to Counsel is an 8-month course designed to train followers of Christ to apply the gospel in both personal and issue-specific ways so that we, as the body of Christ, can learn how to wisely and biblically disciple suffering people. We address both the theology and practice of gospel-centered counseling. Participants are trained to minister effectively to individuals, couples, and families from a biblical perspective on change in the context of community. Issues such as addictions, anxiety, anger, and depression are explored. This class is for ministry leaders, pastors and others that desire to practice biblical counseling.
What does my fee include for ETC?
- 15 expected in-person trainings on either Thursday morning or Thursday evening
- Textbook, articles and videos to self-study, homework that is graded by an instructor
- Weekly interaction with your group leader and classmates through our online learning module
- Additional learning, topical workshops, zoom sessions, coaching, and interaction with your instructors
- Opportunities for video observations
- A Salem Heights Church Biblical Counseling Ministries (SHC) certificate upon completion OR
- An Association of Biblical Counselors (ABC) certification upon completion
What is the class size limit?
Space is limited, so sign up soon.
What is the homework like for this class?
Although we only meet a couple of times a month, there is still an expectation of reading on the weeks we don’t meet. See the syllabus for more information.
What if I don’t know which class I want to take?
If you don’t know, please register for the Salem Heights Church Biblical Counseling certificate of completion. We will give you more information in the first class session. You may change your track up until December 1, 2021.